Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvon

Reaction score
08-18-2012
Since our return from Austria, we had not yet put our boots and visited one of our favorite playgrounds. Since the beginning of summer, I wanted to Washington by another path, the Tuckerman Ravine Trail. And at the same time, I wanted to make a loop by returning via Lion Head Trail and visit another path. But the weather was not ideal every time we were in New Hampshire to do so.
Upon awakening Saturday morning in Twin Mountain, the weather did not say the same thing for Washington. And it was more foggy, with a higher risk of rain, it does not look like the forecast of a few days ago. We look at the map and are almost ready to change destination. Finally, we say, we decided to go and we will go anyway. Finally we got closer over the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center, we knew today will be a nice day. Around the parking lot of Mt Washington Auto Road, there are hundreds of people cycling. It is even dangerous to collide with them. We wonder what is happening here today. I think, maybe it is the race that occurs once a year from the parking to the summit. But I do not know if that's it. We climb to the summit by Tuckerman Ravine and it is more beautiful as we going up. We telling us that we are happy that we do not changed our destination. On the summit, hundreds of people are there. But too bad, it's not for us, Annie and I. It is the day of the bike race and today there were 550 participants and there was a lot of people, bikes and cars. The race is not finished and we see the last participants cross the finish line. No way for us to get a place for pictures at the top. There are so many people there.
We return to the parking lot by the Lion Head trail and I think it's the best way to loop through these two paths.
We are happy of our day and on our return to the trails of the northeast after our vacation in Austria.

PHOTOS OF THE DAY

IMG_4608-09JPG.jpg