Waterproof PnS camera

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
I swear I've seen some threads here on waterproof point and shoot cameras but darn'ed if I can find them..

Anybody have opinions on a decent waterproof PnS camera, I'm slowly checking some out since my Panasonic FX-35 seems to be slowly dying.

Seems some decent reviews on the Nikon AW100/AW100s and the Olympus TG-1. I think the GPS is a nifty feature but would have to balance all the features.

I like the wide lens (The FX-35 goes down to 25mm and since I'm a kayaker, the 10m waterproof should be fine... Good outdoor picture quality is key, since it'll mostly be used for landscape stuff..

Jay

Not that anybody cares, but just bought a Nikon AW100 with an 8gb SDHC card from BH Photo for $250 with free shipping. Hopefully get to use it while out in reno this year...

Jay

I actually once cared enough to start drafting a reply when you first posted. My wife has that same camera and likes it. I was going to post a sample pic but I got interrupted and never came back to it. I think you'll be quite pleased with the image quality.

Alright, playing with the GPS functionality.. The reference guide says if you turn the GPS recording function on, even when the power is off, it is still recording and using the battery life.... And says to turn the GPS recording off before you turn off the camera....

Bummer, my old SD card reader on my laptop wont read SDHC cards....

Jay

Last edited: