Whats the temperature in Bartlett NH?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
For those who want to know

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nh/nwis/uv?site_no=010642505

There is new river flow gauge on the Saco River in Bartlett. In addition to the gage height and the river flow, it also tracks air temperature and water temperature. It defaults to 7 days but the range can be changed from 1 to 120 days. The last two day's maximum air temps were unusual for April.

A notice on the station data indicates that 15 stations were added to NH so there may some other of use to hikers.

Thanks for the pointer -- to me, this is good news. Over the past decade I've seen more stations go offline (usually when funding dried up) than come online. Whether you're an angler or paddler, or are interested in hydroelectricity or hydrology, or just a plain old nerd, these data sets are really useful.

Thanks for posting this information, peakbagger. Good thing that this 2-year program was funded before this year's budget cycle.

The NH House has proposed to ax five of six full-time positions in the New Hampshire Geological Survey, so if you are a NH resident and care about such things as stream gauges in the Whites, which I think are a wonderful resource besides providing important safety information for hikers, please send a note asap to your state senator to vote against such draconian cuts to the NHGS.