WMG Online

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi

Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with the online map? It's been dead/barely alive all week. Sent them an email but no response.

Hadn't noticed. Just tried a couple different browsers and not working for me either. Wheels just keep spinning.

Just spinning for a minute here, then map came up, zoom in, spinning another 30 seconds and then it came up. Definitely slow but seems to be working

Just spinning for a minute here, then map came up, zoom in, spinning another 30 seconds and then it came up. Definitely slow but seems to be working

If VFTT was that slow, you guys would let me hear about it :) I would not call it "working" myself. FWIW, the entire East Coast internet has been under DDoS attack since Friday AM - could be related.

(Here's an explanation if you are so inclined: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/10/hacked-cameras-dvrs-powered-todays-massive-internet-outage/)

Tim

Last edited:
Very interesting...I was about to throw my DVR out the window.

Make sure your DVR doesn't have default passwords for 'root' or 'admin'.... or you're part of the problem.

(From what I've read, the current malware is memory-resident, so you should be able to reset the passwords, power-cycle, and it will be gone. I don't expect this situation to continue, I'm sure some clever jerk will figure out how to wire it into the startup sequence in a few revs)