odd sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Saw a Heron in the Catskills Thursday, that's not odd, where I saw him was.

On the Black Dome trail near the 2nd Bridge well up in the woods. he then flew down the trail two or three times until I guess he could find a place he could leave the trail & get back to the brook.

Never saw one in the woods before.... :)

Last weekend, 15 Sept. I inadvertently flushed a blue heron out of a swamp on Rte 214, while doing a Club activity. Very large bird and the only photo I took was its wings in the air.

Moose

T-max and I saw a Great Blue along the Neversink last early summer while we were following the fishermans path on the way to Rocky. That was also my first time seeing one in the backcountry, although I routinely see them around where I live in the Wallkill Valley.

Matt

Not the sweetest sounding birds out there. Something akin to Pterodactyl, I'd guess.

I had one explode out of the weeds of drainage ditch at about 5:30 in the morning once, some 6 feet from me, all freakin wings and legs and neck. That's a wake up call, lemme tell ya. Had to hurry home to change me Underoos !