Mount Kearsarge 6/6/15

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksearl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We were able to get up to Wilmont to hike Mount Kearsarge this past Saturday. We did so via the Rollins Trail from the south. It was a great hike because it was my son's first hike, my daughter's first that she hiked 100% on her own two feet (with Keenes) and my daughter's 5th active fire tower visit, earning her the NH Fire Tower Quest patch! My full trip report and pics are here: http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.com/2015/06/mount-kearsarge-6615-5th-nh-fire-tower.html

Enjoy!

26-IMG_6694.JPG

View from parking area

27-IMG_6695.JPG

Lower portion of the Rollins Trail

30-IMG_6698.JPG

Ummm...Obviously Sasquatch activity!!! Joking!!!

31-IMG_6699.JPG

View to the southwest from the first viewpoint. Black Mountain beyond the parking area.

34-IMG_6702.JPG

View to the south, Little Mountain in the left of the pic.

36-IMG_6704.JPG

Blueberry flowers I think

38-IMG_6706.JPG

Vernal pool

41-IMG_6709.JPG

Mount Cardigan to the north from the summit

42-IMG_6710.JPG

Fire Tower on the summit

43-IMG_6711.JPG

Radio Tower on the summit

Thanks for sharing. That was my daughter's first hike on her own power when she was 2.5 too a few years back! (I held her hand though on the rougher sections). Her little sister didn't make the trip though. Good that you are making it out there with the little ones. I think Les Stroud should come to NH to look for squatch's next.... I see those bent over trees all the time.