Thread: Twin Mountain Speed Trap

Twin Mountain Speed Trap

Beware the new speed trap on Rt 302 in Twin Mountain.

It is located in the area of Fabyan's on a newly paved section of the road. Speed through there is now set to 45 mph, down from 55. Heading East there is NO warning that the speed limit is about to drop. Just a 45 mph speed limit sign marking the change.

On a recent trip we met the cop who stationed himself just inside the speed 45 limit sign. He promptly stopped us for 58 in a 45 zone. Verbal warning.

Looked like he was doing a brisk business along that slower stretch.

cb
    How many 4Ks in the NE100?
    All of em.

Along with the long running speed trap on Rt 115 southbound where it drops from 50 to 35, they park in pull out just south of the KOA campground and write as many tickets as they please.

The troopers like to hang near the barracks in Twin Mountain around shift time so they tend to do local traps so they can get home on time.

I drove through this area on the way to Cabot on Saturday and was amazed at the level of police activity in Twin Mountain and also along 2 entering Gorham. Multiple speed traps as well as troopers running radar trying to get people coming down the big hills near Appalachia. IDK if the "end of month quota" rumor is true but this would be great evidence to anyone who believes in it. Definitely was more activity then I have ever seen through there.

Lots of extra enforcement activity on the roads this week. There is usually special funding for holiday speed enforcement.

Thanks for the warnings. I'm an habitual speeder along 302 and 16 in NH. I have a leadfoot

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Thanks for the warnings. I'm an habitual speeder along 302 and 16 in NH. I have a leadfoot
    lol, me too. I've done 75 towards Crawford's like nothing.