Never In My Life

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to print this up an hang it next to my desk. What a beautiful piece of writing. Thank you
Sandy

felt so much at peace....with the quietness of the woods..

thanks for the post, I could relate to just about everyone ;)
kamc

Loved ALL the observations listed in your excellent report. Guess if I was forced to choose just one as being my favorite, it would be the one below:
Met such great people - On our first hike a guy on Whiteface summit told us, "There are no jerks above 4,000 feet." He was right.

Wonderful post. :)

You said it all. I'm sure all of us could fill in the blanks with our own experiences.

Great read. :D

Thanks Wowser, that was a great read, and I bet most of us can empathize with every emotion. When I started hiking 25+ years ago, I was raving about my June climb up Mt Cardigan, and my mother said, "Ah, you'll get tired of that too."

Has anyone you know gotten tired of it?

Never 2

I totally get it- but I don't think anyone else who is not a hiker would.:p If only they could know the joy of it all!:D

Thank you

Wow -- I never expected such an overwhelming response! And each of your posts are gifts. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts -- I looked forward to checking the site to see if there were any new responses!

VFTT members have welcomed me into the world of hiking as well as the world of posting trip reports and I am so very grateful. Thank you to each of you.

Nancy (Wowser)