Equinox via Burr & Burton Trail - 4/13/08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty

Reaction score
Equinox via Burr & Barton Trail - 4/13/08

Trail Conditions - Wet with easy footing up to 2,100 feet. Occasional ice crusted snow up to 2,400 feet. All ice crusted packed snow above that, with up to a half inch of fresh snow. Deep snow up high, as expected.

Special Equipment Required - We used crampons above 2,400 feet, although Stabilicers or Microspikes might have sufficed. Snowshoes might have helped in a couple of soft snow places where we postholed. We carried them, but never felt the need to use them.

Comments - We followed Mohamed's advice and went just past the Burr and Burton school on Seminary Ave and took a right on West Union Street - thanks Mohamed! There is a new parking lot on the right (just before the street dead ends) that is 100 feet from the Burr and Burton trail. That's much easier than parking at the Equinox Hotel. NOTE to MTNRUNR: the hotel still has scaffolding on its facade, as renovations continue. :)

This was a nice hike up a short and steep trail. Snowed or sleeted through most of the hike. Not many views; none from the summit. Still good to be out and nail a New England Hundred Highest peak. That's 71 for Ray and 76 for me.

Great hiking with my pal Ray as always :D

Marty and Ray

Last edited: