2007 TBTS hike- Camel's Hump in VT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Various hiking options and various lengths can be done. Let's pick a date, thinking end of september would be good, but if anybody has a date that wont work, let me know. Obviously I can't fit this into everybody's schedule and I'd work it to my schedule but let me know if you are interested, a good date.

Sept 29th/30th?

Jay

Hm I was looking at a medical conference for that weekend but can easily be swayed to hike instead. It helps that I already have that Friday off.

Jay H said:
Let's pick a date, thinking end of september would be good, but if anybody has a date that wont work, let me know.

Sept 29th/30th?

Jay

Sounds good, but don't forget about the September Gathering. I think it's usually held the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September. Maybe you could combine the two events?

Well, I am trying for peak foliage season but not necessary a long weekend like Columbus as some people get away. Of course, I am not off for Columbus day as that isn't a major holiday anyway. I think I'd rather be a little early than late here..

Jay

Hump!

Jay H said:
Well, I am trying for peak foliage season but not necessary a long weekend like Columbus as some people get away. Of course, I am not off for Columbus day as that isn't a major holiday anyway. I think I'd rather be a little early than late here..

Jay

Weekends of Sept 29 and Oct 6, I am away! Otherwise I can make it!

Fred

I think either weekend will work for me, it'll just mean I push one of my fall 2007 hikes in NH back to Fall 2008.

Do we have accommodations for Friday Night & Saturday Night???? Campsites, Hostels, cheap motels near bars with Micro-brews????

Is just a trip up Camel's Hump enough?? I was there last year up from the State Park (Monroe?) on the East Side so I'm looking for something different, (but not 30 miles).

Wish I could be there to haul up ice cream, but I'll be way out west.

Big thanks to Jay H for setting this up again.

- darren

ps: I like the idea of combining it with a Gathering. Good chance to pass the hat. :)

Would all of you go to another VT gathering? Part of my idea of the TBS VT hike is that I haven't done a TBS hike in VT yet but I also know that UFC had the VT gathering last year which I couldn't make....

Anyway, somehow I think I should familiarize myself with the hike... I haven't hiked much in VT, especially northern VT. :)

Jay

Jay,

Pick a date and run with it. I'll go scout it with you. Haven't been on CH in years.
Spencer's Summer ADK Gathering is probably going to be 8/9 thru 8/12.

Just remember ... don't say VFTT around Gold Brook Campground. :D

Camel's Hump has a on-site summit steward, so as a group it will be very important that we take proper care up there. The former shelter clearing at the Monroe Trail / LT junction is a good spot for just-below-the-summit socializing.

I highly recommend a stop by Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury while you're in the area, especially if it's pressing season. They have fantastic cider doughnuts, and if we were doing this during apple season you could get a huge cup of cider drawn straight off the big tank, which is absolutely the best post-hike beverage. You can then go out for a beer afterward, but indulge on the cider first. :)

Last edited by a moderator: