3 October hikes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
#1, solo out+back overnighter to lane site on the glt, via a.t. from east b.hill rd. An adventure in the weather dept. from cold rain to snow.
#2, solo, day-hike baldface loop, and roost afterwards, great late summer like weather!
#3, backpack trip with one of my best friend's Chris, started late 2:40p tues. took speck pond trail to mahoosuc arm mt., made camp @ speck pond@ 5:30p. Cold overnight lower 20's made for some significant icing up old speck in the morning. Made camp+ had lunch @ slide mt. campsite on the glt. Then slackpacked up to s.r.w.c. Returned back to the car next day, great sunny weather the whole time!

Really enjoyed the video! I didn't realize Grafton Loop had so many sights to see. It's beautiful. I love backpacking and just gotta get out to that place next summer, for sure! Thanks for enlightening me.

Thanx Jake L. and Sunshine Chris!
Chris the glt also has many in between peaks woodsy miles (listening to tunes made these dissapear for me), no pemi, prezzi, bigelow, backpacking appeal here.. however it's lack of use and great campsites and e.baldpate, sunday river whitecap, puzzle and old speck (I rank'em in that order too) make for a great loop, which i did back in July.. This month doing the hybrid a.t.+g.l.t. out+backs was a great way for me to check out 2 more glt campsites lane+slide and hike some new trail sections for me (east b. hill rd. to e.baldpate + speck pond campsite to old speck) Hope you have a great trip!

Last edited: