3D topo wall maps

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check with the Delorme map store in Yarmouth Maine. I seem to remeber seeing them. LL. Beans used to carry them but I havent seen them in the last few years.

While they aren't 3 dimensional, Raven Maps are the most artlike maps I've ever seen. Their NH/VT map looks gorgeous, and I've seen it on many peoples' walls.

-dave-

Brand new poster here. I've been lurking for several months as I only really started hiking last year with my 4 boys (10, 12, 14, & 16). I just hung a raised relief topo on my office wall that I bought at The Mountain Wanderer in Lincoln for $25. I have the one called Lewiston and it shows the Whites north of the Kangamagus but does include Osceola. Half the map is NH and the other half is Maine.

Scott

Brand new poster here.

That is funny! I thought you had one for sale! Anyhow, welcome.

I agree with D. Metzky about the Raven maps. They are beautiful. I have the Continental U.S. one hanging in my house.

Dragonfly said:
Brand new poster here. I've been lurking for several months as I only really started hiking last year with my 4 boys (10, 12, 14, & 16). I just hung a raised relief topo on my office wall that I bought at The Mountain Wanderer in Lincoln for $25. I have the one called Lewiston and it shows the Whites north of the Kangamagus but does include Osceola. Half the map is NH and the other half is Maine.

Scott

Welcome to the group Dragonfly!

I have a raised relief map of Maine that I got from LLBean. It says "Hubbard Scientific" and the map is itself was made by Raven.

Dragonfly said:

Scott
Welcome to the club Scott.

What you have sounds like a USGS 1:250,000 quadrangle which cover 1x2 degrees of Lat/Long. They used to come in plastic raised relief versions, and I guess they still do. Assuming that's what you got, they should be orderable from any map supplier.

Pb

Thanks for the welcome! Papa that is what I have. It is produced by Hubbard Scientific. It sure is distracting me from my daily grind.

Scott

I agree with -dave-. Raven maps are fairly nice. I have a laminated NY State map. My bengal gets wrapped up in it from time to time; his claws don't seem to penetrate it.

MM