4-11-09 Jefferson via Tuckerman's Ravine for my NH48 finish

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. It was a really fun route...definitely not a direct route to Jefferson but that's what made it interesting as did my partners in crime ;)

Let's see...no, I don't recall seeing any farm animals - I don't even remember seeing a dog all day.

Wish we had know you guys were across the ravine because we would have made an effort to look for you. Glad you guys had a great day!!!

Lastly - I am NOT working on the grid.

Congratulations -- nice trip report and very nice photographs!

Looks like you folks had great conditions up top.

I was dutifully studying your shots near Adams/Madison as Sandra and I are headed up to Adams on Friday to wrap up our NH48.

Definitely check out 7summits pictures if you want to see the area around Adams/Madison. My camera didn't come out much after Jefferson.

Hopefully you end up with good conditions like we did!!!

Congrats Kim sounds like a fine day and alot better than working,wish I could have been there.Nothing like putting a few miles on with crampons.

Now c'mon, Kim, you can't avoid the winter list no matter how hard you try to ignore it (and your friends)! :eek:

Congratulations on your finish--or mid-point--or whatever. :D In any event, it was quite a hike from the looks of it!

Now c'mon, Kim, you can't avoid the winter list no matter how hard you try to ignore it (and your friends)! :eek:

Congratulations on your finish--or mid-point--or whatever. :D In any event, it was quite a hike from the looks of it!

I am gradually working on the winter list - 9 months before we can continue on that one.

I only have 11 left of the 115 so I'm only a few weekends away from being done with the all season lists that I want to work on.

we heard about this on sat via darlene who was at hojo's while we climbed boot # 2. I think these 2 climbers were in another boot gully b/t boot#2 and hillmans highway - possibly dodges drop. The ravines are never 100% safe, but if there was ever a day when I thought the snow was as stable as it could have been - it was sat. Talk about bad luck...:(

http://www.tuckerman.org/accident/20082009.htm

Last edited:
Congratulations you sneak...But you still have to go back for winter.
Bet you won't ditch everyone when there's trail to be broken ;)

Congratulations Kim, yippee!! We'll have to keep this in mind as a good reason to have a future party (soon) to celebrate!!

Yay, Kim!!! Awesome!! It's crossed my mind more than a few times over the past few weeks that you may be heading out there! Sweet finish!!! And hey, nice orange pack on your back...looks familiar! :)

Don't forget, you are never *truly* free. The NEHH is right after the NE115.

And hey -- welcome to the club!!!! Did you make it "in" in time for the awards on the 25th??

Congratulations Kim! Sorry to have missed out on this fun one. Glad you finally tricked Mother Nature and got your peak!

Rebecca

Nice job Kim! Finishing in style by doing the three tallest ones:)

And you got those three off your April list ;););)

If you had a native American name I'm sure it would be "Smiling Hiker":)