4th Howk 7/9/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like your site Dayton. Sure does get the ole adrenaline going when you run across a bear in the middle of no where, doesn't it. I've seen a few over the years. Ran into this mother and cub up by the Balsams several years ago. Don't like encounters with mother's and cubs. I kept backing away as I fumbled for my camera and ole mom just kept watching. Legs were getting a little wobbly during that encounter. Not sure I could have outrun a toddler by the time she decided I wasn't worth the hassle. Sow and cub Balsams.jpg

Was checking out some of your back reports. Especially liked the pic of you in 1960 and 2013 looking at the tower on Carrigain. Same spot, same pose. Wow, 53 year apart. Not many can make that claim.

I got a few more years, not many though, before I can sign up for your 71 over 71. I'll keep it in my mind should I need a motivator. We should get together for a hike in Aug, once your projects are complete.

Almost forget. Glad to read you also saw your first Pine Marten. I'm surprised it scooted away so fast. The ones I have encountered have all been so curious. Your sighting could not have been too long after the Pine Marten discussion here on VFTT.