5/20/09 - Picture Perfect on Pitcher Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobit

Reaction score
Wow. Why haven't I done any hiking since March? Early this morning I strolled up to Stoddard, NH and had a very enjoyable hike up Pitcher Mountain. I wanted a nice and easy hike somewhere on the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway to try out some new Inov-8 trail runners while wearing my overnight pack with a goodly amount of water stowed. I was treated with some very nice views for very little effort.

I have some pics here: http://tobit.hlrse.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=22

I want to hike this trail again real soon. Next time, however, I want to hike up even earlier in the morning, before sunrise, so I can be there as big red awakens. This trail is super easy to follow and should be no problem, with a good headlamp, for such a hike.

I'm going to try and spend a lot of time hiking in this area this season so I can try and get in shape for a thru-hike of this trail in October. Next week, I am off to try and tame Monadnock again. :rolleyes:

The Monandock-Sunapee greenway is a nice through hike but if you don't like falling down over roots and rocks in the dark, June has much longer days. It is about 50 miles, and then you still have to get up and down the first and final hills.