62 and 63 smackdown

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

Reaction score
out of 100 that is(cannonball and Sleeper ). Got out of work in c-town (concord) on Thursday at 2pm and met up with Clayt at his home in Salisbury. Were at the Lonesome lake 3:45. Headed up Hi-cannon (fun trail ladders, scrambles, great views and such) to kinsmen ridge trail hit the summit (I found a quartz crystal on summit and yes I did take it) headed down lonesome lake trail. back to truck at 6:05.....one down. Saturday. Clayton had to go to a funeral, so we didn't leave his house until noon. We got to the trailhead in Waterville Valley resort (or yuppie paradise as i like to call it) at about 1pm ready to take out Sleeper East. Took Cascade to Norway rapids, to s. tripyramid slide trail to kate sleeper trail and then reverse back. Let me tell you, going up the south slide (a miserable section of trail anyway) at around 3pm in 85 degree heat with humidity to match sucks a big stinky butt. Besides the S. slide fun hiking (super hustle after we made it to E. sleeper because with no watch it is better to guess on the later side)
We made it back to the truck at 6:45.

Two late starts with no watch....two successful missions. Laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha ha ha ! :p

I am pretty sure passed you guys on the way down while you were on the way up the slide. Only saw two couples heading to E. Sleeper on Saturday on that route. I summited at 1:00 PM, and was down at the trailhead around 4:15.

Humidity was awful, but the S. Slide on the way down was fun!! :) I agree, going up would be a pain

Tony