7-4-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natron

Reaction score
I had a rare full free day on July 4th, tho I was invited to family and friend's bbq's I opted for my own bbq.
Woke up early and drove 70 min to the shelburne tr head off of rt.2 I've never hiked shelburne tr and figured it'd provide a nice solitude hike even on a holiday.
Started hiking @ 5:50am, the deer flies @the start inspired me for a morning run on the fire rd section (1.7 miles?) of the hike.. Bugs weren't bad in the woods part of the trail but it was wet,muddy and grown in at spots.

pretty sub peak
028_zps065a48c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pretty sub peak
001_zpsec80d841.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sweet bog bridge
008_zps32b001cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

shelburne moriah
004_zpse6fe7b4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

shelburne moriah
025_zps87f8f892.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nice spot for breakfast @8:40 am, hung out for 30 min.
023_zpsf9a2b104.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

back to the car @11:30 am, once again the deer flies on the fire rd section inspired me to run..
stopped at the wild river on my way home.
walked across the river to a 4ft deep pool that was running fast and cold and lasted 1 minute in there, very refreshing and helped with the insect bites.
033_zps37ba9681.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Home@ 1p for lunch and weights.
037_zps9ddde6a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Next stop Range pd. state park, arrived @2p for some mt.biking, running, swimming. The 70's I had in place for my morning hike were replaced by 88 and high humidity and I was about to feel it!

Started with 15 miles of biking, prolly 8 miles of single track, 1 mile rd, 6 miles double track.
love the single track!
042_zps9c6787a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

love the single track
041_zpsd2fa44ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

love the single track
047_zpsa55807c5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

love the single track
046_zps15cacbbb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

easy cruisers on the other side of the park by the pond, for more biking and 3 miles of running.
052_zps3747d66e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

followed by a swim, goal was 1 mile, but left leg cramped up @.4 mile, (I was swimming close to the shore so no issues) just spent after the hardest 1 day workout I've ever had.
055_zps43ae4f36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Then fireworks with my little Lindee girl!
059_zps989fa699.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

060_zps9f104ae8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

061_zpsec46d66a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope to have more combo days like this in the future!

Last edited:
How did the blackberries look along the road section of Shelburne trail? Last year they were loaded (but unfortunately quite green when I went by)

hmmm..

How did the blackberries look along the road section of Shelburne trail? Last year they were loaded (but unfortunately quite green when I went by)

I don't fully recall, i remember seeing some (green) but my attention on the road section was on deer flies, and slapping the back of my head, killing them while I ran.. wild strawberries were in abundance on the side.. I stopped once on the way back to pick a few (instantly took some deer fly bites for my effort), they were overly mushy due to being slightly past and the above normal rain prior days..