9/11/04 Greylock Mountain Hike

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyDave

Reaction score
On September 11, 2004 I Lead my 94th Hike for the AMC since becoming a Hike Leader for the Organization in October 2001. The Hike was up Greylock Mountain and the weather was good for a change, the previous 3 times that I Lead this Hike it was cloudy with light rain a no views. Anyhow, we stated our Hike at the end of Hopper Road in Williamstown, MA. There was 14 of us, and we started along the Money Brook Trail. Took a nice break at the Money Brook Falls,then continued on this Trail until we reached the AT. We Hiked on the AT to the Summit of Greylock. Along the way we took a break at the Summit of Mt. Williams and got a group picture. Finally were doing this Hike with good visability for a change.
At the Summit of Mt. Greylock we took a 45 minute break, ate at the Bascom Lodge, then went outside to climb up the light house that's on the Summit, and watched people Parakiting off the cliffs. The views were great! We can see Mt Monadnock in the distance. After our long break at the Summit we started heading down the Overview Trail. We stayed on this Trail until it ended at the Hopper trail. Then we Hiked along the Hopper Trail back down to our cars. The Trails we used seemed to workout well, we didn't have to Hike any of the same Trails twice. We had a nice Loop Hike. Following the Hike a few of us went out for Pizza in Pittsfield, MA. then drove home. We got some really good pictures from the Hike. I posted the 12 I liked best at the link below.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=220496269