9-11 on the 48 summits

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steward

Reaction score
I will be volunteering on the Franconia Ridge on the weekend of 9-11.
What should I expect besides huge crowds?
Thanks

The Flags organizers have business cards they will make available to you. You can hand them out to interested folks. Also, you can get an 8.5 x 11 size to print out and hang near/on the flag pole. I forget if they laminated it, or if we did.

You will get lots of people up there if the day is nice. Some will just walk by and say nothing. Some may salute. Some may even break down and cry.

During the last few years, I've met Iraqi vets, a young man who survived by having to be out of the tower on an errand, a woman who was on the 60th floor, and others who told us their stories. And yeah, the A10 flyover was cool as well!

Join the flag raising

Thanks I will be on both Haystack & Lafayette on Saturday 11-2PM walking the ridge as the alpine steward. I have visited the website of the 48 peaks and was pleased to see the link to the Leave No Trace.
It will be an honor to be present during the 9-11 flag raising to honor the memories of those lost at the Wall Trade Center and the Pentagon and to be part of the message that the people of the US & the World remain strong & committed to freedom.
God bless the United States
Doug