9/20 Isolation

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooly

Reaction score
What a day for Isolation. Mookie and i climbed the Glen Boulder Trail, tried to pry the boulder over and then climbed up to the Davis Path. The views of Boott Spur and the Gulf of Slides were stupendous as were Moriah/Carters/Wildcats, our next day journey. I could see cars driving up the Auto Road on Washington and was so glad to be where i was, away from all of that.

We had hiked passed the spur trail to Isolation like a couple of dorks but finally found it. We had seen only one other person thus far, some dude that had just left the peak, so it worked out that we missed the spur because we had the peak to ourselves. We had lunch and tremendous views of Washington and the southern Presis. The sun shone brightly and there was barely a breeze as we enjoyed the solitude of Isolation.

Back up the Davis Path to Isolation Trail. We meandered through the forest on the very narrow path relishing the quiet woods and gurgling brook. We happened upon three women with fairly heavy packs in the middle of Iso Trail. First signs of human life in a while...

At the Rocky Branch Trail junction, we decided to put it into gear and cruise out of the woods and get to Barnes. We passed one more hiker for a total of five on the day. We were back at the car in a little over an hour. What a great ridge/woods walk with diverse terrain. Perfect day for a Hike. :)

it was very "special" sharing the summit of isolation with you. weird huh?
but yeah, not often you get a peak to yourselves on a beautiful summer (its was still summer right?) day in the whites.
was my first time on isolation and it was fantastic. definately like to get up there in the winter.
would have made a better trip report had we been able to free glen boulder and watch it tumble.

oh yeah and mr. pizza was good! the $3.25 24 oz PBR's were even better~

Last edited:
it was very "special" sharing the summit of isolation with you. weird huh?

Yeah...you're weird alright, but i do agree with about the boulder thing... :eek:

sorry GG i tried to stay up, but you guys are such night owls and it was waaaaaay passed my beddie-bye!

gooly said:
We had hiked passed the spur trail to Isolation like a couple of dorks but finally found it. We had seen only one other person thus far, some dude that had just left the peak, so it worked out that we missed the spur because we had the peak to ourselves.

I was that dude! I also had the peak to myself. I didn't see anyone until I passed you two after leaving the peak. When I was up there I heard some voices and thought some people were coming up, but then the voices went away. I thought someone must have missed the spur. Guess I was right. I thought it strange there were so few people out this day.

haha

haha, yeah that was you!
yeah, we were idiots and had our heads down trukin away. it was not an easy spur trail to miss, thats for sure. luckily after about 1/4 mi we figured we missed it.

Well it was good to see you. It was nice to not see a ton of people for a change! Soooooo nice up there...

Adventurous said:
You ended up with a great day to do Isolation. I can't believe you guys had the peak to yourselves.

That's how it usually is ... our trip up there was quite the statistical outlyer!

Sweet!

:) Glad you guys had a nice day for the summit! It's such a well earned summit, you definitly want to enjoy it!!

Hey Gooly, nice one by you and Mookie! He seems to have taken it better since he was still out by the fire when I got out of the woods! ;) I did Isolation on the Fourth of July and only saw 3 people going in and 3 couples coming out, but I do some hiking in the dark!