9/29 & 9/30 volunteers needed on connecticut river's fiddlehead island

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ON CONNECTICUT RIVER'S FIDDLEHEAD ISLAND

Saturday Sept. 29 and Sunday Sept. 30, volunteers are needed to help remove trash and construct campsite amenities on Fiddlehead Island in Monroe. Fiddlehead Island hosts one of 34 campsites along the 240-mile Connecticut River Paddlers' Trail, a series of primitive campsites and access points from the river's headwaters to the Massachusetts border. The cleanup and construction workday will be from 9AM – 3 PM Saturday, lunch will be provided, volunteers are invited to camp overnight and help complete construction on Sunday. Volunteers will need their own canoes or kayaks. The paddle to the island is a leisurely two-mile round trip from Dodge Falls. To sign up, contact Rachel Ruppel at the Connecticut River Joint Commissions by email at [email protected] or by phone at 727-9484. Volunteers should register in advance no later than Sept. 26

Took me a while to learn what "upstae" was. For us city folk it was anything north of DA BRONX!

Paradox and I paddled past this island when we camped right at the Ryegate Dam on the first night. We ran into some locals (a lot of locals) camping at the island and it seemed like a popular destination since it's not far from the launch site...

Jay

Paradox and I paddled past this island when we camped right at the Ryegate Dam on the first night. We ran into some locals (a lot of locals) camping at the island and it seemed like a popular destination since it's not far from the launch site...

Jay

It appears to be a popular local party spot. They were launching from near the Dodge Falls tentsite/leanto. They were taking several powerboat loads of pipe and tarps to be used for a large semi-permanent tent structure. There were multiple cases of Busch Lite along.

I'll recommend wearing rubber gloves for that clean-up. :eek: