A different kind of view - River Ice

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stash

Reaction score
My friend Pete (Pulker Pete) and I decided on a relaxed hike this Friday. No need for any great climbing or majestic views. Instead we took a relaxed walk out Sawyer River Trail to Sawyer Pond Campsite. Total elevation gained was only a few hundred feet but the views along the way quite something. All were of the the rivers and streams along the way and the shapes and colors were like I've never seen before.

My camera isn't the best but it captured some of what we saw.

Ice formations and Blue Ice

Seems you don't have to bag any peaks to get the views. :)

Excellent!

Excellent shots, Stash. Thank you! I really liked the close ups followed by the wider view. Beautiful photos!

VERY nice photographs and thank you for posting these.

Correct; you don't need the summits to see the sights.

Your photographs, like those of many who post here, are a wonderful inspiration to get outside and experience the area.

Good stuff...

I love those blown-glass-looking ice formations, especially the ones in the first few shots. The blue banded ice is also really interesting. Thanks for sharing these great shots! :)

I find I get more and better photos on my short non-peak hikes. I loved the frozen "jellyfish" ice formations.

There's a saying that goes something like this: "If you think something is too small to be effective, then you have never been in bed with a mosquito!"

Your attention to the small detail that is shown in your photos is very effective!

Thank you for this very refreshing and unique posting!