A labour(ed) days weekend for Junior!!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Before day one!

Once upon a time...
"He Junior is not a novel it is a trip report"
"Ok".
We start with the small trouble to cross Montreal in a three days weekend, fortunately We took the decision to pass by Jacques Cartier bridge and the small border control near Lacolle village. (Yvon I think You are not able to keep a secret :cool: ) But it was a good place to catch a couple of wine bottles!!!!

At the base camp, the Queen tell me "I am off tomorrow what the plan?"

We take the decision for Santanoni Range.

Day one: Santanoni Range:

We need to take the decision if We will go up or down by the new old path, after We saw the clouds was going out the summits We go up by this way.
Easy and fast! We meet the first peoples half way between Santanoni and Time Square.
We dropped the pack at T.S. and without trouble summited Couche. Panther was a piece of cake and We returned by the usual way with only 40 minutes more of my last weeken trip!
Very dry, few water and it was the same for every other days!!!

Day Two:

I feel smoth and tell to Queen, "I will go to Seymour and if I feel better I will go for Seward Range".
Just before We started We meet a man He had for plan Seward Range by Calking brook.
I start slowly but the energy was hight.
At Ward Brook leanto, a couple prepared the breakfast, the girl recognised Junior and asked to take a picture!
O.K but only if you come with us in the picture.
Junior was happy and We started the path, very few water in the brook, no chance to take, full the water bottles early.
Near the top chated with a couple, they just coming new 46er, Congratulation.

On the op after 2 hours 38 minutes, It is 8 minutes more at the usual time, Junior was not happy. "Are You a man or a mouse?" Jumpinp out his body and run in Seward direction by bush hike!!!
I haven't choice I need to run behind him, He take a new way where We never passed before, on the South side near a small valley in a North side of this valley, few time after the valley sides were cliffs and the forest very dense impossible to know where I put my feet!!!
After a eternity in this hell, We find the brook bed between Seymour and Seward. I check my watch, one hour to go down!!!, We are more in South as usual, but after more of 12 time in this place I know it is better to be must South to North.
I take the decision to count my steps to go up, after a short rest every 200 steps in a not too bad forest We arrived after 1,000 steps a place where I recognised, 1,000 more steps in a undefinite path We jointed the normal way.
A man ask us it is the way to go down, after a couple of explications I know this man is not familiar with this place.
After 5 hours 5 minutes We are in Seward top.
I was removing a long sleeves shirt, when they arrive (the same man with a young woman, the Nature was generous with the girl and the wind was accomplice, my mind comings and goings between Colvin and Dix (for the people not familliar with this country You need to check in your map) ;) and it was difficult for me to have a normal english conversation with the man.
I earing the bad tongue "it is usual"
They start in from us, but Junior used his hat needle and I have not choice to go fast, We passed the couple and without trouble catched Donaldson, I stay my pack there and go to Emmons, meet a big group with the same man We saw near the register, they come back from Emmons.
We passed a other man near the rocky slide place and touched the tree marked in Emmons top, returned, near Donaldson We meet for the second time the couple, Junior put his long ear in from his eye and tell me "if I lose the view I will lose only one eye"
We meet a other couple in Donaldson top, the woman need only Emmons to finish the 46er. Congratulation anticipated.....
We stop in the North side top Donaldson to salute the big group and go down by Calkin Brook path.
At the Correy road trail junction Junior tell me "We have a chance to pass under 9 hours. O.K We passed in second speed and returned at the register after 8 hours 44 minutes 27 secondes. Tired but satisfied....
Fortunately I receiped a nice massage.....and a good night!

Junior make a nightmare and earing wolfs!!!

Day 3.

Late start from ADK parking with Marshall for plan. We meet 2 pretty Quebecker womans near Marcy dam!
We go up by Iroquois pass and summited Marshall, returned by the same way and took the decision to go up directly on Iroquois, meet a Quebecker couple in the summit, meet the pretty Steward summit in Algonquin. She was happy to have a quiet day after 2 days with over 300 peoples....in her summit.
Go fast to catch Wright Summit and go down without trouble.

Day 4

Queen is off, We took the decision to Go for Haystack, Basin, Saddleback.
My legs are tired I just stay behind Queen, We stay 20 minutes for a small rest in Basin, have great time to go up Saddleback We do not stay by the usual way and play in the rock!!!!

Junior earing the wolfs for a other night....Do You have a recipe for him?

Day 5

I tell at Queen, "I will go to Dix and if all stay good I will go for the range".

We saw We are 3 couples rabbit in from and all They go by Macomb in first.
At the Macomb junction Junior kick me, "We need to cathed the rabbits" "Junior You are a terrible comparative rabbit"
We meet the first couple not very fare after the junction, the second couple was half way in the Macomb slide We need to pass in second speed to pass them before the slide top.
Summited Macomb after 1 hour 38 minutes
Few time after We start to go down in Carson direction We meet the third couple, chated with them, Macomb was the 31 summits and they have the plan to make all the Dix range. We give the complementary information for each peak.
The legs was better of yesterday and We keep a good pace, Carson 2 hours 5 minutes, Grace 3 hours 30 minutes, Carson 3 hours 57 minutes with 2 other minutes chated with the same couple.
Eat a banane on Hough and arrived in Dix 4 hours 40 minutes.
Go down by Backorn and finished after 6 hours 33 minutes 56 secondes.

Each day was gorgious with perfect view, not too warm not too fresh...a perfect dream!!!

Ouf! I need to work a couple days to have a rest before the next weekend.... :confused:

P.S. Neil and Christine if You like a dence forest to bushike go between Seward and Semour.

P.S. 2 RTSpoone and Peakbagr don't wait the 5 january the trail is broken between Haystack and saddleback!! :D

Pinpin Junior.

I wish you'd write more trip reports Pin pin.
Junior is the cutest bunny on the trails :) and he gives you good advice!

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
We took the decision to pass by Jacques Cartier bridge and the small border control near Lacolle village. (Yvon I think You are not able to keep a secret :cool: )

Annie told me that other day, "dont give that route to anybody". I answered that "I put that route on my website because it is only for the hikers and only hikers visit my website". :)

Salut Pinpin et encore merci pour les infos.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
the Nature was generous with the girl and the wind was accomplice, my mind comings and goings between Colvin and Dix

It's a good day when you get a good stiff cold breeze on NippleTop to wake you up. If you have the time hiking up the french Canadian Nippletop is even more delightful. ;)

ColdRiverRun said:
It's a good day when you get a good stiff cold breeze on NippleTop to wake you up. If you have the time hiking up the french Canadian Nippletop is even more delightful. ;)

Don't encourage him!

Nature was generous and wind was accomplice?? Very interesting translation. ;)

Great report Pin Pin and 19 summits in 5 days wow!!!

It is fun to read your report after one long day of work
and not hiking in the trail.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
I was removing a long sleeves shirt, when they arrive (the same man with a young woman, the Nature was generous with the girl and the wind was accomplice, my mind comings and goings between Colvin and Dix (for the people not familliar with this country You need to check in your map) ;) and it was difficult for me to have a normal english conversation with the man.
Hiking, hiking, hiking. Stay focused on hiking man! ;)