Abraham to Spaulding Advice Please

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am planning to bag Crocker, S Crocker, Reddington, Spaulding, Abraham and Sugarloaf from CVR. The plan is to do the Crocker's then to Reddington, whack down to the valley road and then whack up to the AT get Abraham, Spaulding and the Loaf and return to CVR. It seems that there should be no problem going up to the Spaulding shelter. I am wondering about the descent from Reddington to the valley road. It looks relatively straight forward but still would like some beta. Has anyone whacked down this way? I am sure I have read previous posts of others who have done this route in a day.(Poster Boy?) I just could not find it in my search of past posts.

The actual trail to and from Redington Mt go right to the CVR where you would want to go to bushwack up Spaulding. The only wacking would be on the path from the Crocker's to Redington. The logging roads go right from near the top of Redington right into the valley where you want to go in order to ascend up the side of Spaulding. Is this going to be more than a one day trip? It might be a lot of work w/ all that bushwackin'. The trees look pretty thick going up Spaulding.

You guy's are the best. That is exactly what I was trying to find. I'm getting my boards mixed up. I was hoping do make it one long day. Looks to be about 20 miles but the elevation gains and drops are not so bad. I figure if I burn out going up Spaulding I can blow off Abraham and just head back via the Loaf to CVR. Worse comes to worse I am always prepared to spend the night. Thanks for the info.