Adirondack Atlas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masshysteria

Reaction score
In Monday's Berkshire Eagle, there was an article in the Health and Science sector entitled,"Atlas celebrates the Adirondacks".

I'm not sure if this is a new book, or if it's been out for a while. The author is a gentleman by the name of Jerry Jenkins. It seems to be a trivia of the ADKs, with sections about maps, graphs, charts, where the most Lyme Disease cases where reported, etc. There is even a section that deals with the location of abandoned nuclear missile silos in the Park! Hmmm, that's interestng...

The Berkshire Eagle web site appears to be down, at least I can't access it, so I can't give a link. Any ony heard of this, and is it for sale?

I believe it has been out since late spring or early summer of this year. I picked it up from Barnes and Noble this summer. The book is loaded with all kinds of interesting information about or beloved park. It is definitely a good buy.

It was published in April 2004 and here is a link to it. It is full of interesting information. Anyone want to guess where the cover photo is taken and what the peak is?

mike1889 said:
It was published in April 2004 and here is a link to it. It is full of interesting information. Anyone want to guess where the cover photo is taken and what the peak is?

I know, but I'll keep quiet because I own the book.

It's Snowy Mountain from Lewey Lake. I took a very similar picture about a decade ago. And no, I have not seen nor do I own this book yet, but soon will.

OK I will revise and extend my remarks. The mountain profile is definitely Snowy, but the photo location may be Indian Lake. The shoreline looks a bit too clear to be Lewey Lake.

Last edited:
Mark Schaefer said:
It's Snowy Mountain from Lewey Lake. I took a very similar picture about a decade ago. And no, I have not seen nor do I own this book yet, but soon will.

OK I will revise and extend my remarks. The mountain profile is definitely Snowy, but the photo location may be Indian Lake. The shoreline looks a bit too clear to be Lewey Lake.

It is Snowy from Lewey Lake.