Allen in the Rain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlhoward

Reaction score
Summitted Allen on March 8 in constant rain with Lloyd Lowy, Usher Winslett, and Richard Sullivan. The trail was already packed and fast and easily followed for the 5 miles to the home-made signs for Allen and Marcy (near where the lean-to used to be). And more home-made yellow markers guide you across the private land (which will cease to be private land in the not too distant future). But, we lost the trail as soon as the markers stopped at the boarder w/ State land and our tracks may be a bit round about but do rejoin the trail again before the tributary to Skylight Brook. And our path will take you up the slide to the summit sign.

If anyone finds a pair of wire-rim glasses on the ascent of Allen after crossing Skylight Brook, please let me know.

I hope our hard work (I have never been so wet fully clothed in my life) was not washed away or snowed over on the 9th when another party had mentioned making an ascent of Allen.

Enjoy.

-Carl Howard, 4258W

Status
Not open for further replies.