Annual Ski Gathering 2006 - Sugarloaf Ski Area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
I sent out this email to a group of folks who have gone with me in past years but the deal is so good and you can't get the deal unless you have 20 or more people so I though I would post it here in case anyone wants to come or bring a group with them and take advantage of the price without having to get 20 people organized. Anyway, below is part of the email I sent out last week with all the details, feel free to send me an email if you are interested.

sli74

It is that time of year again when I plan what is becoming a winter tradition for me, a group ski trip to Sugarloaf Ski area. This year the trip will be Dec 8-10. We will have on site lodging for Friday night and Saturday night, and lift tickets for Saturday and Sunday. In addition, we will have use of the workout facilities and the pool and hot tubs. We also get a free lesson for skiing or snowboarding each of the 2 days we have lift tickets.

TOTAL COST - $135 which includes 2 nights lodging and 2 lift tickets, 2 Perfect Turn Clicnics (ski lessons) and unlimited access to the pool, hot tub and gym.

I need to get a FIRM commitment at this time that includes a head count via email with specifications as to who would share a bed and who needs separate beds followed by a check for the full amount owed. The sooner I get the logistics and head count figured out, the better our chances of getting the nicer condos and also the better the chances we will all be within walking distance of the other condos in our group.

Also PLEASE remember that planning this trip is a LOT of work and sometimes requires everyone to be patient and flexible in the end result and prompt in getting me the money, so please help me pull off another successful trip this year.

Let the madness begin. Hope to see you all in December.

Date for the Loaf

Hey,

John and I had a great time with you all two years ago at Sugarloaf? What is the date you are looking at? I

sli74 said:
This year the trip will be Dec 8-10.

Bummer, I can't make it....I'll be at the beach that weekend. I think my local long range forecast is calling for mid to high 80's and sunny around then. :)

Have fun.

- darren

A number of you had expressed interest during Pat and Audrey's potluck in joining this trip . . . this is just a reminder that I can still add people but now I can only do so, in groups of 4 or more . . . so let me know ASAP if you are interested. Email is the best way. :D

sli74

Alison had her pre-Thanksgiving ski training at Killington postponed due to snow conditions (read not enough snow). I just looked at Sugarloaf ski conditions and they are touting Thanksgiving skiing... pictures show snow on the slopes... winter???? :)

Yeah, we are not off to a great start of the ski season but I am hoping things are taking a turn for the colder. Sugarloaf skiing in early December last year was the best of the season . . . I am hoping for a better winter ski season this year, but it isn't looking promising :(

They are calling for snowmaking temps for the next 10 days or so . . . here's to hoping for a couple of big blizzards up there before the ski weekend.

Bubba, you should gather a few folks together and come up for this ski gathering again :)

sli74