Another good day to watch the river gauges

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of dark colors on the USGS page this AM https://dashboard.waterdata.usgs.gov/app/nwd/en/?region=lower48&aoi=default. The normal river flows are usually low this time of year as the spring thaw is normally a couple of weeks out. This rain definitely is burning into the snowpack so that is going to lead to near record flows. A lot of damage from the two early winter events is still out there and that is going to lead to faster run off which also contributes.

I like the new water watch format but miss that they no longer show the flood levels on the data fields.

At the moment, East Branch of the Pemi is at 8,630 CFS, and it says all-time high for this date (I wonder how far back they're looking to calculate a record for a given date).

If you go into the site page and go to download it lists the date range that is available to download. It may go farther back but 1993-03-10 to 2024-03-07. I dont think its that old of a gage site.

If you go into the site page and go to download it lists the date range that is available to download. It may go farther back but 1993-03-10 to 2024-03-07. I dont think its that old of a gage site.

Instead of going to the "site page," just click the "data" tab next to it.