Any information

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tycho_32

Reaction score
Looking to do one of my last 3 4k's
I need Cabot (York Pond to Cabot), Isolation (Rocky Branch), and Moriah (Carter_Moriah). Does anyone have any information on the trail conditions on any of these mountains? I searched the trail condition forums and there was nothing there.
Thanks

I need Cabot (York Pond to Cabot), Isolation (Rocky Branch), and Moriah (Carter_Moriah).

I did Cabot last weekend via the north branch of the Unknown Pond Trail. Other than a short muddy stretch near the trailhead (probably not bad by now), it was pretty good going.

Also did Isolation via Glen Boulder last weekend - Glen Boulder Trail was in good shape. Some mud pits on the Davis Path. After talking to some folks who had taken the Rocky Branch that same day, it sounded like our conditions on Glen Boulder were dramatically better.

Haven't been up Carter Moriah in awhile, but there are some potentially muddy areas, as well as some slippery (low angle) rock slabs.

I climbed Cabot from York Pond Road about 3 weeks ago. The trail is wet (and still will be) up through Bunnell Notch, because of all the streams crossing it, even though a lot of work has been done on it. The valley and stream going up to the Notch are beautiful.