Anybody interested in day hikes on the northern end of the Long Path in late April ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm12084

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anybody interested in hiking a few of the northern sections of the Long Path in Albany and Schoharie Counties ? I would like to do this on Saturdays in late April or May. I am looking for a hiking partner. These would good day hikes for people of any ability, since I would consider myself a " slow speed hiker " These would even be good hikes for " newer hikers ".

For more details on these hikes please let me know.

Thanks

jm12084

Closed for Business??

The only thing is, I believe trails are closed during the time period you wish to hike -- http://www.greenmountainclub.org/

According to the site it's April 15 - Memorial Day that they're closed. Now, does this mean all the trails in the Greens? I don't know but I'm just letting you know about this. There is an e-mail address.

I'm heading to the Catskills during this time for some good whackin' among other things!

-Dr. Wu

Dr. Wu, I think you're confusing Vermont's Long Trail in the Green mountains with NY's Long Path.

I might be interested in some NY Long Path day hikes this spring depending on my schedule.

Last edited:
jm12084 said:
The Long Path that I am talking about runs from Fort Lee New Jersey, goes north, goes though the Catskills, and ends just west of Albany New York near a town call Alatamont.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Try out these URLs:

http://www.a1trails.com/hiking/ny/longpath.html

http://www.nynjtc.org/trails/longpath/
!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Not confusing! I just read Long Path but saw Long Trail. That's my mistake -- I know what the Long Path is, it's just the Long Trail gets more press so I defaulted to that.

OK, I might be interested. Like I said, I'm heading to the Catskills during April and May for some hikes and some whacks. Why don't you post in Trip&Events section when you have a hike in mind?

-Dr. Wu

I will probably post a few dates when I pinpoint a few.....

Great ideas Dr. :)

I will probably post a few dates when I pinpoint a few good Saturdays in the weeks ahead.

I may be interested in something as well, depending on where and when. I climbed Vroman's Nose once a long time ago and wouldn't mind doing it again. I'm definitely interested in the Catskills north of the Blue Line, and I know Freddy is as well.

Matt

Long Path in Schoharie County

I'm hiking the Long Path from Green County enterance into Schoharie County, through Schoahrie County, its about 65 miles. I'm doing it May 24-28. I'm going with a friend that lives in that area. If your interested maybe we could arrange to meet you.

Thanks ddann for the suggestion but...

Thanks ddann for the kind suggestion and thinking of me after reading the thread about the Long Path. As much as I would love to drop everything I have to get done over those days in May and attempt to join you, I can't.
It would be difficult for me to go on such a adventure at that time.

Thanks again and best of luck on the trip for you and your friend.

Joe