Anyone been on the Castle trail lately?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmegillon149

Reaction score
I haven't seen any reports or conditions listed, so I figured I'd ask, especially since people post that stuff less often in less "questionable" seasons.

The reason I ask is because Double Bow and I are the proud adoptive parents of this very trail (well part of it - the first 3.5miles). I look forward to next weekend when we will be having our first workday!

So if anyone has been up there recently, and saw anything out of the ordinary, I'd appreciate it. We plan on a light duty waterbar cleaning and over growth brushing day, but if other stuff needs to be done, I'd like to know.

Sapblat and I hiked this on 8/26 (Sapblatt submitted a trip report) and from a maintenance point-of-view the trail seemed in good shape.

It was at the end of a long day, so it was probably just me :eek: , but since you're asking...I didn't think the bottom around the river was marked very well. But like I said, may just have been my mind starting to shut down. :rolleyes: