At 05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailbiscuit

Reaction score
1,997 - 1,998 - 1,999...; Home: Topshizzum, ME
So, what do you do when you sell your house and quit your job? Hike the AT, of course!

Danielle (whom you will recognize from this board as "Danielle") and I are setting off on our thru-hike at the end of March. We've been planning and prepping frantically over the last couple months (with a trip to Montana sandwiched in between), and we think we're ready to go.

We're planning to keep a journal and take a lot of photos, and my father has graciously offered to post everything on the web for us. Hopefully, you will have the time to check in on our progress and wish us well along the way. (Or just marvel at my terrible facial hair!) We're going to miss checking in with VFFT, as we've always enjoyed the info and camraderie here. We're planning to be back in New England after our hike, so don't post too much this summer...it will take forever for us to catch up!

In the meantime, you can follow our progress at:
http://homepage.mac.com/daniellenryan

We have a few preliminary pages up right now, and we're hoping to add a couple more before we set out from Springer Mountain. Of course, we might not have a whole lot of time since we are putting all our belongings in storage this week, and beginning our drive south! We're planning to start 3/28, and hopefully, we'll see you on Katahdin sometime in September!

All the best,
Ryan

CAN I COME?! :confused:

Good Luck folks.. our prayers are with you and my prayer flags will once again fly high.

Prosper on your epic journey. :eek:

SJ

What do you do when you're retired and have finished your NH lists?
Go hike the AT.
Hope to start before 4/1.
See you on the trail.
Happy Hiking,
H'N'S

Reactions: arm
At '05

Nice website!!

Well, if everyone else is hiking the AT this year, I wanna go too!! Count me in! :D

Springer on the first day of Spring is the plan!
Can't wait!
See ya on the trail!

A.T.???????? "05"?????

i'll be playin' the GAME too, with a little bird!!!!!
don't tell anyone though, we're gonna try and sneak through new england :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D

All jealousy aside, I wish you all well.

Wish I still lived in NH, too. I used to bring along extra goodies when hiking any part of the AT to try to spread a little trail magic. Wish I could be there when you all pass thru the Whites.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Gee...I thought we'd be the only two on the whole trail! :D

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes.

Stinkyfeet - We've been training ourselves by setting our alarm to wake us up at random times during the night to "Dueling Banjos", so I think we're prepared for "Southern hospitality."

Hot N Sweaty, Michelle (and dare, I say post'rboy???)...hope to see you out there...or at least read about you in the registers. We'll be easy to spot...look for pale guy sucking wind trailing behind a short (cute) woman...they'll be wearing matching gear. (It was an accident, we swear.)

georgia!!

mountains = georgia A.T.
trail conditions = i'll let you know after the first 75 miles
special required equipment = human body, + 1 hikin' chickety
startin' = in about an hour :D
comments = hikerhostel.com are reel nice folks
:D :D :D :D :D