Banff Mountain Film Festival

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison ivy

Reaction score
I saw the dates for the Banff Mt. Film Festival in AMC Outdoors. I missed it last year because I was out of town, but this year I'm putting it down on my calendar. Anyone else interested?

Screenings in Mass are scheduled for Feb. 20 at Clark University in Worcester & Feb. 22- 23 in Boston at the Somerville Theatre.

There are also screenings in NH on Feb.9 at the Lebanon Opera House & Feb 26 in Keene NH.

There's more info on the festival

here

- Ivy

Last edited:
And for Mainers:

Bangor Feb. 11
Ellsworth Feb. 12 & 13
Rockport Feb. 14
Portland Feb. 15

and for the truly adventurous: :eek:

Fort Kent--dates to be confirmed

Banff in New York City

Here's the scoop for NYC:

NYC Info link

The dates are Tuesday and Wednesday, March 8th & 9th
Place: Symphony Space (95th & Broadway)
Tickets available at the theater or at Paragon's (16th & Broadway)

When time gets closer, let's pick one night and meet each other at the theater and (of course) find a place to go afterwards.

Any word on if/when Lake Placid is doing their showing?

Nevermind....just answered my own question...
Lake Placid
Chestnut Mountain Productions
215-923-9161
February 6, 2005

Banff at Saratoga

The third annual Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour of the Capital District has a new venue! This year’s event will be at the Bernhard Theater at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs on February 26th, 2005 beginning at 7 pm.

Presented by National Geographic and Dunham Bootmakers, the Banff Film Festival World Tour is hosted locally and jointly by the Adirondack 46er Conservation Trust and the Skidmore Outing Club of Skidmore College; Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) is the generous local door prize sponsor. As in past years, the proceeds from this event benefits a non-profit organization - this year, the Skidmore Outing Club.

The Banff Film Festival features spectacular films from around the world that celebrate the theme "mountains". It is much more than a Warren Miller ski movie type of event, however - these films span the broadest spectrum of how the word "mountain" can be defined: They include the most jaw-dropping, fist-clenching climbing films to be seen anywhere, as well as the funniest, the most inspiring, the most thought-provoking - all celebrating man's relationship with places of higher elevation. From the Mountain Film Festival which takes place every year in early November, these best-of-the-best films are taken on a road tour throughout Canada, the United States, and even Europe, where they can be enjoyed by a far wider audience than could ever be accommodated in Banff itself. The films you see were winnowed by a juried film competition to a select few. It is these films that are brought to you on the World Tour - the best films of the Banff Film Festival: Uniformly inspiring, spectacular, and heartwarming - sometimes, all in the same film.

Tickets can be purchased at any of the local EMS stores located in the Capital District, at these locations:

- Stuyvesant Plaza (Western Ave., Guilderland)

- The Shoppes at Wilton (Route 50, Wilton)

- Balltown Road, Niskayuna

Festival Location:
Jacob Bernhard Theater, Skidmore College, 815 North Broadway, Saratoga Springs, N.Y. 12866
Ample, free parking is available for Banff Film Festival enthusiasts next to the theater.

For a general map and directions, go to:
http://www.skidmore.edu/map3/campus_directions.htm

For the location of the Bernhard Theater on campus, go to:
http://www.skidmore.edu/map3/index.php

Click on “Building name”, and select “Bernhard Theater”.

Ticket Prices:
$13 advance sales
$15 at the door
$10 for students with current I.D

Advance sales may end two or more days prior to the show, so please be sure to buy your tickets well in advance of the show.

Questions, Information:

The Banff Mountain Film Festival:
http://www.banffcentre.ca/mountainculture/festivals/film/

local email: [email protected]
local phone: 518-664-2980

Carmel and I will be up for the show in Somerville. Anyone else up for dinner and beers in D-Square before the show again?

- darren

I may be working in Norwood and staying nearby in February so if that pans out I will try to get to a Somerville show (wherever that is . ;) )

darren said:
Carmel and I will be up for the show in Somerville. Anyone else up for dinner and beers in D-Square before the show again?
The Boston Chapter Ski Comm will be having a social before and after the show somewhere close by, probably on Sunday night. I think the beginer tele workshop is that Saturday, so Sunday is likely to be the night we gather.

-dave-

PS - Nice new avatar

Film list for Saratoga Springs(Skidmore) showing.

Saturday, February 26, 2005
Bernhard Theater, Skidmore College, 815 North Broadway, Saratoga Springs

There will be great door prizes, both from the national sponsors and from EMS.
There will also be refreshments at intermission.

Barring last minute changes, these are the films that will be shown:
Time---Title------------------Topic
13----Ouray Ice--------------ice & mixed climbing
-4----Hike Hike Hike----------dog sled animation/art
51----Alone Across Australia--environment/adventure
INTERMISSION
-8----Psicobloc---------------rock climbing
16----One World--------------kayaking
-9----Balance of Risk---------climbing/human interest
14----Soul Purpose-----------ski & snowboard
-6----Out of Ophirica---------environment/avalanche
15----The Collective----------mtn bike
Total time 136 minutes (2:16)

Remember, advance sales may end 2 or more days prior to the show. Here are specific addresses for the EMS stores selling tickets:
Albany (Guilderland): 1475 Western Avenue at Stuyvesant Plaza
Niskayuna: Mohawk Commons, 4120 Balltown Road
Saratoga Springs: The Shoppes at Wilton, 3066 Route 50

For more info and links, go back up this thread to mike 1889's posting. Thanks Mike!

meet for the Boston show Tuesday night

I'll be going to the Davis Sq. BFF Tuesday night show and possibly be interested in meeting up with some folks in the area before or after the show for a drink, maybe at the Burren or Redbones. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Griz

ellsworth anyone?

there probably isn't anyone else up here, but i was planning on going to see the showing in ellsworth this weekend. anyone interested in meeting up there?

luke

I'm up for the Davis Square showing and food before or after. Which day are people planning to go?

Somerville

For the Somerville show, Johnny D's used to have a half-price dinner special Monday to Thursday if you got there before 6PM, don't know if they still do.