Banff or Jasper Nat'l Park - 4-5 night route recommendation?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawback Trail!

Thanks everybody,

After much soul searching, we just reserved our backcountry permits for the Sawback Trail. We'll be on the trail six nights, plus pre and post hike nights in a motel in Calgary.

We're starting at the Norquay Ski Area in Banff and finishing at the Fish Creek Trailhead near Lake Louise... hiking north, as recommended in the Canadian Rockies Trail Guide.

Assiniboine did sound very tempting. For me it came down to choosing the more rugged trip (carrying a full pack every day, vs. day hiking from a base camp) while I still have the ability to do so. You never know what lies around the next bend in the trail.

That said, I very much hope to hike into Assiniboine Provincial Park someday, and savor those spectacular day trips. Pudgy, as usual you and your husband did an outstanding job with your trip photos.

We haven't done the Sawback, but it sounds like a fantastic backpack. Be sure to report back and post pictures!. I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip!

Sawback was our second choice if we weren't able to obtain permits for the Skyline Trail. I've heard it's just as spectacular. Have a great hike!