Baxter State Park Peakbagging and New Year's Party (VERY LONG TR alert)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, Awesome photos, I had not seen the ones of the Rainer trip and checked those out also. Very nice. I can't wait to dig my crampons into some snow. Tim

What a great trip report.... We passed on the trail several times (I was with Dave L's group at Nesowendahunk). I certainly agree with your superlatives... an almost perfect day with super companions. Baxter is great in any season, but given the remoteness, especially in winter!!!

mhrsebago said:
What a great trip report.... We passed on the trail several times (I was with Dave L's group at Nesowendahunk). I certainly agree with your superlatives... an almost perfect day with super companions. Baxter is great in any season, but given the remoteness, especially in winter!!!

Sure was a wonderful day. Glad you liked the trip report.

sli74

Wow, another awesome trip report Seema :)

Kudos to all the hard work that went into planning this incredible trip!!

Many thanks to GO for hiking up Sentinel Mtn with me Saturday. The VFTT was perfect! Great weather (finally) and great company.

Brian, thanks for making the bridge across the stream that I chickened out on, you looked like Paul Bunyan hauling those logs. Seema and I were both impressed.

Frodo, you're a great roomie! Thanks for hanging out with me on the ski in. I still can't believe you drank 6 beers in one night!!!

P-buddy, you're the best! Can't wait til next year! I'm glad we got to hike almost around the pond together! Thanks for cooking/sharing such an awesome meal.

Donna, the life of the party and bartender extrordinaire. You make a great hostess and hiker!!

Arm, thanks for breaking trail and bringing the best tunes. Loved the wings and blue cheese dressing too!

Bob, I'm glad we were able to hike Sentinel on Saturday. That was an awesome time!

Shizzy, I hope you got your ski boot sizing/return figured out. Thanks for bringing some tunes other than Mo :D

Looking forward to next years trip. I think a tent at the trail head is a great idea if we go for all four peaks at once.

Nadine

Baxter State Park Trip

Seema-
I enjoyed reading your trip report. I went into that side of the park in 2001, and we camped at Nesowdnehunk. It's only a five mile ski or hike into that bunkhouse. We left very early for the Marston Trail head - took a little over an hour. I only climbed North Brother - just didn't have the energy to go over to Fort, but I enjoyed the whole experience. Earlier that winter I had gone into Chimney Pond with another group. The weather turned against us, and I didn't bag any peaks on that side, but to me "the journey was the destination"! Just getting in there was neat! :)

Seema - It is always a pleasure to read of your antics, I mean trip reports!!. I hope you are having a wonderful winter in MA. We saw some specs of snow yesterday, (here in Pa) but only enough to tease.
Regards to RB!!!