Bear euthanized in BC for eating an already dead man.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDawg

Reaction score
So what do you think of this?

I think it's a shame the animal has been put down, but understand it may have learned a pretty scary behavior. Pretty much was killed for being opportunistic, AKA just being a bear.

That's no way to reward a bear. :D

Do we taste like chicken or pork?

Too bad he had to go. I guess there is no second chance in a situation like this.

Veal, I've heard. (It was actually from a fairly reliable source!)

Doug

H. Lecter?

Pretty obvious the bear would be killed. (or, if one prefers, "euthanized")

Last edited:
Was the bear which killed Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard in Katmai NP put down? Different circumstances and different species, I know, just wondering and I can't recall.

Was the bear which killed Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard in Katmai NP put down? Different circumstances and different species, I know, just wondering and I can't recall.
Bear was put down.Bear that killed Treadwall and Huguenard was not one of "their bears" but a new one to the area. Treadwall had stayed way past the date when bears became more hungry.

Too bad they killed him he could have be used in the penal system. Being eaten by a bear...now that's a deterent. :eek:

During WWII there was a German prison camp in Stark, NH (the relics of which have long disappeared) where I understand they had little security problem nor escape attempts ... the prisoners were more intimidated by the nearby black bears than by the guards.