bear sighting on Main Street

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
Walking home from downtown Bethlehem this noon, I stopped in my tracks as a black bear that was the size of a large newfie crossed Main Street/Rt 302 in front of me. I guess even the bears feel a need to go into town sometimes.

Maybe it forgot to place his video rental in the night drop-box and wanted to avoid a late charge? Or more likely, was in search of a good latte...

bobandgeri said:
He was trying out the new ice cream stand that is next to the movie theatre, which is a good stop for a treat :>

Rennelle's ice cream is a nice addition in Bethlehem! Now I can not only walk to dinner (4 good restaurants to choose from), but continue on down Main Street to dessert afterward. For such a small town, it sure has some good eats! No wonder the bear doesn't want to stay in the woods.

Bears have been visiting my backyard every night this week for the ripe black luscious elderberries (which are apparently toxic to humans if they're not ripe). They're really trashing the bushes. I guess the early fall feed has started.

Sing along now!

"If you go down into town today,
You're sure of a big surprise.

For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain because
Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic."

No way. This bear has "class". :)
He was on his way to register at the prestigious White Mountain School.