Beta about the Silvertta 500 binding

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamp

Reaction score
I'm putting together a touring/AT setup on a Karhu army-issue ski. The Silverttas have great reviews on the interwebs (so it MUST be true) for use with Koflach mountaineering boots. I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this binding.

Last edited:
I have an earlier generation of Silvrettas (300? 404?) mounted on generic narrow, full-metal-edge, waxless skis (I cannot remember the brand) that I use with my Koflach Arctis Expe boots. I have used them on the Sherbie and groomed trails, but do not feel the positive connections with head-feet-boot-binding-ski that I feel with my Scarpa T2s and Chouinard bindings on an old pair of Fischer skis. I bought the Silvretta set up mostly for slogging and hauling on glaciers.

If you're not sure, don't spend the $$ on the 500's. Get the 404's off ebay cheap. There's very little functional difference. If you're psyched, you could upgrade to the 500's and lighter skis.