Black Fly Update (Adirondacks)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brien

Reaction score
The Black Fly Invasion appeared this past weekend. Though it was mostly the males - they don't bite, just swarm, they were out in force. It looks to be a tough season if this weekend is any indication.

I was in the Pharoah Wilderness area and the Tongue Mountain area near Ticonderoga and Lake George regions.

I was at Bog River Flow in the ADKs this past weekend and the blackflies were out on and off. Usually about the time we were trying to cook and eat dinner as that is the time it would warm up enough for them. Basically it was cool enough for long sleeves and long pants and with a head net you were pretty much covered. Mostly swarming but some were biting. I would of thought the frost we have had a few nights would have kept them back. They are tough little buggers.

Hakuna Matata said:
I was at Bog River Flow in the ADKs this past weekend and the blackflies were out on and off. Usually about the time we were trying to cook and eat dinner as that is the time it would warm up enough for them. Basically it was cool enough for long sleeves and long pants and with a head net you were pretty much covered. Mostly swarming but some were biting. I would of thought the frost we have had a few nights would have kept them back. They are tough little buggers.

Almost 0 bugs at Snowy, (southern Dax, elev 3900'). Not even when we stopped. Did not get bit once.

Black Fly

I'm in East Durham(Greene County) every weekend. So far no bugs.