Blue Hills snow cover?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJH

Reaction score
Can anyone from the Boston area or someone who frequents the blue hills tell me if there is any snow cover on the hiking trails still? I want to take my
3 1/2 year old hiking up there again, but only if there is no snow on the hiking trails. I'm sure there is still plenty left on the ski trails, so we'll stand clear of those. Thanks, TJH

The majority of trails are clear with spots of hard pack snow/ice in spotted sections (hiking trails). Starting to become very muddy in sections as well.

The bog walk on the Ponkapoag side of the Blue Hills is excellent for young kids. A little "wet" in some sections due to the water level, but quite the adventure for kids. Also the opportunity IMO to see wildlife is higher on this side.

Stop by and say hi. I live at the outdoor center. I knew I married my wife for some reason. ;)

Peace.

Thanks,

It looks like tomorrow will be a washout but the rain will probably get rid of most of the ramaining trail snow or ice. Maybe during the week or next weekend. TJH

No snow, but it's a swamp

I was over there today. You might find a tiny patch of snow if you tried, there is no ice, but there is water and mud everywhere, even before the current monsoon. For the little guy I'd stick to the real gravel surfaces for the next couple of weeks.