BondCliff, Mt. Bond 4/9/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueZ

Reaction score
Lincoln Wood, Wilderness, and Bondcliff Trail
Bondcliff Completed.
Mt. Bond, Almost ...
Not able to finish the last 0.1 mile. can't locate the trail; the snow is deep. No energy to put snowshoes back on. No other people around. After 10 miles hikes with snowshoeing, thinking still 10 miles to go. I gave up the summit. It was so close, but I just can't make it. If there is a partner with me, I think "we" will make the last 100 feet.

Underestimate the snow condition. snowshoeing costs much more energy than regular hiking.

Good views.
IMG_4519_JPG.jpg

IMG_4518_JPG.jpg

Don't recognize these mountains.They are beautiful in a sunny day.

IMG_4490_JPG.jpg

more ...
http://juno.bumc.bu.edu/~junyu/album/bond/index.htm

Last edited:
The Mountains you don't recognize, I believe, are Nancy, Anderson and Lowell (check out the scars on Mt. Lowell). And then Vose Spur and Carrigan on the other side of the Carrigan Notch.
-Dr. Wu

BlueZ -

The mountains will be waiting for you when you return.
Your pictures are fantastic...I cannot wait to hit the Bonds in May.

By the way...I hae also found out how much extra energy it takes to snowshoe this year...it does not compare to just hiking!

Thanks Dr. Wu, sapblatt, and Ivy. I like this picture ...

pemi1.jpg

I'll back to Bond from Zealand side in the summer. I hope there will be some partners this time. Snowshoeing drains your energy, but loneliness when you can't find the trail after 10 miles hiking exhausts you psychologically ...

Oooh, oooh, I know! From right to left - Garfield, Lafayette, Lincoln, Little Haystack, Liberty, Flume and Osseo(?). Owlshead in the foreground.

BlueZ,

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the summit of Bond. Albee and I saw your tracks on Bond the next day and noticed that they looked fresh. Albee yelled out to see if anyone was around, but no one answered. Now we know why. Nice pics from Bondcliff though. I should have some up from our overnight later today.

What a nice picture that is. That brutal section between Lafayette and Garfield on GRT looks so flat and easy! I've been back to Bondcliff several times, I love that place.

kltilton said:
BlueZ,

Sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the summit of Bond. Albee and I saw your tracks on Bond the next day and noticed that they looked fresh. Albee yelled out to see if anyone was around, but no one answered. Now we know why. Nice pics from Bondcliff though. I should have some up from our overnight later today.

Really? too bad I didn't see you guys on saturday. otherwise, I'll make it!

Do you know when will Zealand Road open? I want to do bonds the other way.

Thanks.

BTW, thanks Jim lombard for the nice words!!!

Bob Kittredge said:
Oooh, oooh, I know! From right to left - Garfield, Lafayette, Lincoln, Little Haystack, Liberty, Flume and Osseo(?). Owlshead in the foreground.

bob, thank you for telling me the owlshead. I didn't know that before.
:eek: :eek: :eek: