Bondcliff on a windless day

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Out-and-back to Bondcliff from a bathroom-less, parking-fee-less Lincoln Woods. Met a couple of criminals who had spent the night at Guyot campsite, showing complete lack of respect for the shutdown. I was about to give them a reprimand they wouldn't soon forget, but then I remembered I simply couldn't care less where they slept. Spent almost three hours on the summit. Pemi at that point (October 11th) was way past peak...most leaves had dropped. The complete absence of wind was amazing. Had a 4 hour drive home still ahead of me, so I set a firm 2:00pm time for leaving the summit...so at 3:33pm I left the summit.

Pemi ground is at full peak.
IMG_2201e-L.jpg

Nothing says "wilderness" like a can of spray paint.
IMG_2205e-S.jpg
IMG_2206e-S.jpg

Seeing this either makes you feel comfortable or it doesn't, but this is what you're standing on when you're on the famous Bondcliff outlook with the West Bond slides in the background.
IMG_7505e-L.jpg

Layers of distance and brightness
IMG_7513e-L.jpg

What a nice day
IMG_7514%20copy-L.jpg

Two people on Garfield
IMG_7526e-L.jpg

More than two people on Lafayette
IMG_7527e-L.jpg

Gorillapod on Bondcliff
IMG_7533e-L.jpg

Gorillapod on Bondcliff again
IMG_7542e-L.jpg

Driving eight hours roundtrip ... totally worth it
IMG_7551e-L.jpg

The Lincoln Woods Trail is not always monotonous
IMG_2233e-L.jpg

It's hard to beat the Bondcliff summit, something about that place always messes with my target times too. (of course, I am lucky to be an hour drive away). I did the 3 bonds out and back on weds (windless and sunny) and also encountered some bootleg campers at guyot. The shutdown rules are kind of funny in that they are utterly unenforceable. Noticed the spray paint too, there was another larger one past the one you posted in the quasi open area on Bondcliff trail where the hooligans made 3 boulders into a smiley face. Sad. Way worse than memorials. Surprising since its 7.5 miles from a road. Happy they left the bondcliff itself untouched--that is a national treasure in my opinion.