Boston Marathon!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Mimi!

Very impressive....I was entering the splits on my analytical spreadsheet and were discussing afterwards with my friends from New York Road Runners and they were equally impressive.......one of them said: "This woman really knows how to run a marathon".

Look at these 5K-splits!
28:38
27:05
27:33
26:58
27:59
28:53
28:59
28:45

And then the last 2.2K went in 12 minutes and change....

1:56 and 2:01 for the halves......

Let me know if you need some leg massage......;)

Dayum! That's some consistent pace, yo...

Congrats on the sub 4:00 finish, Mimi!

Mimi,
Do you plan to run Boston again next year?

I've re-qualified for next year at Boston this year. I should run next year if I can manage proper training in the winter. I might decide to hike & climb instead which had to put this on hold this winter.

see u soon in the trails RIK!!

Absolutely! Heartbreak Hill didn't have a thang on Mimi!!!

I do hope you qual again next year, and that time, we need to organize an after party for you!!!

Thank's for your encouragments!! Did qualified again for next year at Boston.

See u soon at the next gathering or better yet on a hike which I desperatly miss doing these days.

Reactions: arm
I might decide to hike & climb instead which had to put this on hold this winter.

You could try the Monster Marathon in upstate New York -- it's a marathon...it's a hike...it's two activities in one! ;)

("It's a floor wax...it's a dessert topping...")

The Web site doesn't have a direct link, so click here, click on Race Calendar, scroll down to September and click the Monster Marathon, and when the PDF file loads, look at that in-fricking-sane elevation profile. :eek:

The Boston profile is at the bottom of the pic, for comparison.

click on Race Calendar, scroll down to September and click the Monster Marathon, and when the PDF file loads, look at that in-fricking-sane elevation profile. :eek:
5560' isn't that bad at all.

I like this part::rolleyes:

"WHEN: Marathon: If you are older and/or female pick up your number by 6:15 am, as you may start as early as 6:30 am; males under 35 start at 8:00 am. Half-Marathon: Starts are from 8:15 to 9:00 am depending on your age and sex."

Lmao! I know a bunch of women that would just love to hear this then go crush most of the boys. The problem is if I tell them then I can't go...because I'll get my butt kicked by a girl.:eek:

If I recall correctly, The Lisa, ran the snowshoe marathon in Pittsfield Vermont and kicked my butt there. Oh, that marathon had over 8,000 of elevation gain that year too, and was run in snowshoes, with snow even.:)

To bad for Mimi that she'd have to hard of a time convincing them shes over 35 to make it worth her while.:D

If I recall correctly, The Lisa, ran the snowshoe marathon in Pittsfield Vermont and kicked my butt there. Oh, that marathon had over 8,000 of elevation gain that year too, and was run in snowshoes, with snow even.:)

D

Yeah! And I ran the snow shoe half marathon the year before, after an 18 inch dump, limped my way across the finish line about 25 minutes after Drewski, who cheated by taking his snowshoes off about half way through!

Tough course! You go, The Lisa!:)