Boxing Day snow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking out of the window it seemed that today's snow would be a bust. Going out I had a pleasant surprise: at least two inches of fluffy stuff on the ground, and more to come. No giant accumulation, but probably enough to cover most of the ice.

Looking out of the window it seemed that today's snow would be a bust. Going out I had a pleasant surprise: at least two inches of fluffy stuff on the ground, and more to come. No giant accumulation, but probably enough to cover most of the ice.
Someone you know reported falling twice from house to car, that fluffy snow over ice just hides it :)

I went down twice on the descent of the Tripyramids today. I caught myself on both occasions and it wasn't an issue. The big fall I took was while clearing the snow off my windshield after. I had to lay there and laugh.

Z :D

Even though I treated the driveway, that light fluffy stuff on top of ice is treacherous. A friend of mine broke her arm this morning just walking to her car. The crust on the snow is also pretty nasty, it breaks readily but leaves a sharp serrated edge to catch on the boot when lifting up the foot. Good weekend for gaiters.