Bring those snowshoes -- new storm is brewin'

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 2 inches of mixed on the porch railing here in VT. Looking outside at first glance it's a light to moderate snowfall, but then looking at a ground surface I can see all the sleet bouncing. When the breeze blows the windows ping with it.

I hope it's pure snow at the higher elevations on the ski hills!

But which is better, 2 feet of ultra fluffy stuff or 10 inches of heavier more consolidated stuff? I should think the latter would be preferable.

And doesn't the wetter stuff cling prettily to trees better?

I'm skiing this weekend, I want fluffy!
And really, nobody wants sleet, right? Even the snowshoers want snow.

una_dogger said:
Let it SNOW! Oh dear doG let it SNOW!!!
Do you ever get any complaints from DAM (mothers against dyslexia)? ;)

It started out snow in the Boston area but it's being washed away by torrential rain. How's it holding up north?

Still snow in Thornton, NH. I was going to go snowshoeing but spent the last hour digging out someone from MA who lost it going around a turn in the road. I have yet to see the owner.

A big dry slot has formed across VT and NH as we speak, changing the heavy snow over to light sleet, freezing rain and an occasional snow flake. As the storm takes on it's coastal phase, we might see precip wrap back into the area in the form of snow, but I'd say across VT and western NH, the heaviest is done. Not to diminish what places have recieved, ski areas in the Greens have 12+ inches. In the end, as long as it doesnt change to sleet, the Whites will prob do the best because they are getting the most snow and haven't been affected by the dreaded dry slot...

Here in Lebanon...upper 20s, light sleet mixed with a couple snowflakes :( but 6-7 inches accumulation.

OK...9:00pm...9"...nice powder...storm has passed...bright stars and moonlight...no wind...going for a walk around the lake with Mrs. Forestgnome to enjoy the beautiful night and dream about tomorrow's hike...

Happy Trails :)