BSP - 05Sep2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac

Reaction score
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia - Avatar: Lion Head trail
I'm going to be in Woodstock, New Brunswick on Friday nite watching my son play hockey. Next morning (early, very early) I'm planning to make the 2hour plus drive to BSP for a day or two of hiking. If all goes according to plan, I should be at the main gate at around 6AM. I've never been there, so it should be interesting. If conditions are perfect (& if I find a trailhead parking space), I hope to at least get up above treeline.:D Is anyone else planning to be there on Saturday?

Mac,
I don't know exactly what your destination in BSP is, but if it to hike Katahdin, I would shoot for earlier than 6 am for this weekend, especially since the weather looks stellar. I can't say what the perfect time is, but I would say before 5 if you plan to park at Roaring Brook.

Hope u have a fantastic hike!

Marty

Got in line at 4 AM sunday. I was the 42nd car in line. Roaring Brook was full, so I parked at Abol. Climbed up the Abol slide trail and down Hunt. Wonderful weather, great views, excellent people. Pictures to follow. :D