Captain Morgan # 100

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cath

Reaction score
With Brutie at his 48 in 1 Winter celebration on C
Al Dwyer visited peak #100 ~ The Captain ~ on his NH 100 Highest Winter list on the last full day of calendar Winter for season 08 / 09.

Al had been chipping away at this personal goal for a couple of years, and it became a full on freezy of bushwhacking excitement for him as this Winter wound it's way down.

Most peaks he visited with friends, but as the excursions continued, he found himself comfortable enough with his route finding abilities to visit some solo. He had a tremendous amount of fun on most, and some proved to be more challenging than he would have thought. As most folks who know him understand, any day spent with Al is a good day due to his absolute positive outlook. If you have a bad day in his company, it's probably of your making ~

Congratulations Al !!!

... As most folks who know him understand, any day spent with Al is a good day due to his absolute positive outlook. If you have a bad day in his company, it's probably of your making ~

Congratulations Al !!!

I couldn't agree more! And congrats to a great guy. Our mutual friend, Lou, took this picture of him early one morning above Redbanks. That smile melted some of the rime ice we encountered.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Al! Cath has asked me to post this picture for you:

15ch82q.jpg

As most folks who know him understand, any day spent with Al is a good day due to his absolute positive outlook. If you have a bad day in his company, it's probably of your making ~
I couldn't agree more! And congrats to a great guy.
I've always believed the best thing to bring on a bushwhack is a sense of humor and positive outlook so it sounds like he is well equipped! Congrats I dig these type of list attempts.:)

Anyone know a running # of completers of this list?

Nice tribute, Cath. I also like the juxtaposition of the two photos, above treeline and in the spruce. The most fun that I have had hiking the past couple of winters was on my two trips to North Whitcomb (aka The Muise) with Al and Damon in early February; the humorous banter between those two was nonstop in sometimes trying conditions.

Congratulations Al

GREAT JOB! And, Al has been quite successful climbing on the west coast mountains. Here is a picture of Al on Mt. Rainier, June 11, 2006. And the list goes on.....