Carabiners rock gym 3/3/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
Last night was 2 for 1 nite at Carabiners rock gym in New Bedford. We had a nice group there - site members trainwreck, koppmw (mike), Carmel, and myself and also another Mike and Marcy. 6 people in for the price of 3. nice. :)

Mike and Carmel continued to kick butt, while my climbing is finally getting a little better. koppmw felt the need to practice climbing in his ice climbing boots. It was pretty cool seeing him climb up 65' on 5.7 routes in his heavy boots. The obvious quote was "they edge like mad, but no smear".

Carmel and I enjoyed meeting trainwreck and Marcy. Hope to see you there again, or hit the trails with you in the future. Trainwreck is fairly new to the site so it is always nice to meet new members and cool adventurous ones are always a bonus.

Attached is a picture of me from last saturday on one of the cool features in the gym.

Hope to see a few more of you next tuesday nite. Check out the Tuesday nites Carabiner's Rock Gym, New Bedford, MA thread for more info.

Aloha

- darren

Tuesday 2 for 1 was a great way to get to know some really cool members to this site. My climbing needs MUCH improvement, but a fun time was had by all, and I encourage anyone else who wants a fun workout to join us!! My climbing shoes were killing my feet. I may follow Mike's lead and climb in my ice boots...without the crampons!!!:D
Great to meet you.
Sandy