Cardigan Sunset/Full Moon Hike 8/12/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
A trail report of few words, they aren't needed....

Picture-072-L.jpg

Smile!!
Picture-011-L.jpg

Picture-012-L.jpg

Moon rising, and Newfound Lake
Picture-015-L.jpg

Picture-018-L.jpg

Picture-031-L.jpg

My fav pic of western Whites from Cardigan, ever
Picture-027-L.jpg

Picture-053-L.jpg

A different kind of full moon...
Picture-063-L.jpg

Picture-074-L.jpg

Picture-087-L.jpg

A much new needed avatar??
Picture-098-L.jpg

hope you liked!! it was my fav hike of the last few years, thats for sure. from now on, I will only hike late in the day. haha

http://grouseking.smugmug.com/New-H...t-Cardigan/18522533_cwnQd7#1429661652_mcvVrWb

You're right - no words needed. Fantastic images! Definitely a perfect shot for the new avatar.

Very nice, Phil.

I like the shot of Moosilauke/Clough, too.

Thanks man! Evening lighting is the best.

You're right - no words needed. Fantastic images! Definitely a perfect shot for the new avatar.

Yeah, I think I will be changing my photo soon. Thanks!!

Nice job Phil.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

;)

Thanks Earl, I'm trying to do new things this year. Next? Maybe a Franconia Ridge Sunset/Full Moon hike. That sounds pretty hot to me.

Nice pics. Love the sunset view of Smarts (one of my favorite mountains).

Thanks cooperhill. Smarts is def an interesting mountain, with lots of relief. That approach along Lambert Ridge ranks up there with some of the better hikes in NH, and thankfully it is still relatively unknown, besides the AT Hikers.

Thanks from the trail crew

Grouseking,
It is a pleasure to see these views from our fave mtn. It is an honor for us to maintain its trails these 25 years. I have seen my share of sunsets from there, but never such fine photos; barkingcat shot a winter's dawn, but dawn and sunset are different to me.
Ceud mille taing, agus slainte mhath.
Creag nan drochaid, Cardigan Highlanders Volunteer Trail Crew

Grouseking,
It is a pleasure to see these views from our fave mtn. It is an honor for us to maintain its trails these 25 years. I have seen my share of sunsets from there, but never such fine photos; barkingcat shot a winter's dawn, but dawn and sunset are different to me.
Ceud mille taing, agus slainte mhath.
Creag nan drochaid, Cardigan Highlanders Volunteer Trail Crew

Thanks! Very much appreciated. This is a great little mountain with bigtime views, and so many trails that I have yet to explore. Soon enough, I am sure.

Great shots, Phil! Especially like the last one!

KDT
Haha, I think the last one will be my avatar when I get around to resizing it.

some would call this an 'alpine start'... in the whites I just say I had fun the night before :) sunset hikes are a blast!

Yes they most certainly are. I hope to do them much more often now. Since I work till midnight, I stay up later, so this will be a new thing for me.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I first climbed Cardigan back in 1970. It was a shock to the system for a boy from Hartford. Fell in love...never looked back...but wow, never saw it this way. Thank you! :cool:

Thanks, JNewell. I'd never seen it like that either. I was blown away.