Carpooling: VFTT Spring Ski Gathering 1.0

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmak

Reaction score
Carpooling: VFTT Spring Ski Gathering 7.75697

Hi all. The ski trip is only a week away, so I thought this would be a good time to post this. I'll be driving up from north of Boston; I live in Georgetown about 1 mile off 95. I am hoping to get out of work early next Friday and would like to leave the area somewhere between 1 and 4 PM in order to get some of the drive out of the way in the daylight; I am flexible on this though. I have an Explorer sport that can seat 4. I usually throw the skis in the back, but if it's a full vehicle I also have a ski rack that I can throw on. However, it doesn't matter to me if I take my truck or drive up in someone elses vehicle. It's 200 miles each way for me, so having a companion(s) for the cruise would be great.

Last edited:
Point of Order: This isn't Spring Gathering 1.0, this is Gathering 7.75 (or some other 7.5+ number). By tradition, the summer Gathering is a major release, all other Gatherings during year are point releases. The one at Barnes Field was 7.5.

Carry on.

-dave-

Dave, thanks for setting us straight :D

Joanna and I will be heading west and south from Orono on Friday evening sometime to head to GO's house. We would likely take my pickup, but if another wanted to join us, we could take the Honda. Unfortunately, we will be returning to Orono mid-morning on Sunday.

Nadine, I figure you'll be skiing on Sunday, but otherwise we can carpool.

Bob, I'm still on for your tickets!

spencer

I have 2 co-workers who are going on this trip and need a ride from Boston. MichaelJ has offered to pick them up at Alewife but he wants to be on the road between 12:30 and 1 and they want to try and leave later. I told them I would ask around and see if anyone would be able to give them a ride later than 1 pm. Bobmak, if that is something you'd be okay doing, let me know. Where is Georgetown in relation to the subway MBTA stops?

sli74

Georgetown is about 30 miles north of Boston on Rt.95. The nearest train stops would be either Rowley or Newburyport. I am not sure how that would work out since it is probably an hour by train from North Station, but I am open. Spencer, the tickets are yours. I'd love to meet a few people for dinner and drinks somewhere in the area; I hope to be there between 6 & 8.

Last edited:
I am still working out some last minute details and will get an email out soon with all the latest info and updates. I think we are a group of 35 right now so this should be a REAL fun time. And now that my swish . . . swish is getting pretty good, I won't be the punchline of the weekend :)

Look for the email everyone and I think this will be a blast.

sli74

Are we booked for friday and saturday night in the condo's?

If so, I'll be skiing all day friday, saturday and and sunday.
If anyone wants to meet up friday to ski, pm me and I'll give you my cell phone number.

Bob: we can do dinner and drinks friday evening if we're booked for the condo, otherwise I'll drive back home after skiing.

Spencer: I'll be skiing all day Sunday so carpooling won't work :(

Nadine

Yup, condo is booked for Friday and Saturday nights. Lift tickets are for Saturday and Sunday nights.

See ya guys Friday evening. I will be sending out an email with last minute info and my cell phone number so people can keep in touch IF I get reception up there.

sli74

I skied today at Sunday River. If it is any indication of what we should have next weekend (it should be), the 'Loaf will rock our worlds! Conditions were as good or better than I've ever seen this late in the season. I felt like a kid again!!!

Yank and I will be leaving around 5:00 from Lynn in the Subaru. We'll may stop at Yoully's in Turner (highly recommended!) for some seafood on the way up. We expect (hope) to get to Sugarloaf by 10:00.

Hi all!

I will be leaving from downtown Boston--probably around 2ish, but I am somewhat flexible. I can easily meet folks somewhere off 93 (I know a couple of places to leave cars legally), so please let me know if you want to go together. I can drive or ride, no matter to me.

Bobmak, I don't have a good sense of where you are in relation to 93 etc., so feel free to pm me if you think we can carpool.

I'd love company for the ride up and back. I do plan to ski a pretty full day on Sunday.

Thanks!
Brenda (aka Seeker)

Brenda,

You are looking an a lot like Dave Metsky these days :eek:
My co-workers Arturo and Wendy will definitely need to hitch a ride with someone and since they don't have cars, meeting somewhere at a subway stop would be the best option for them. The later the better for them but 2pm would work well I think.

sli74

EEK! Not sure how that happened--uh, guess I was logged in as Dave (I was posting from his computer, but thought I had logged out. Oops.). Dave, you want to delete that post from you, er me?

To recap, I'll be leaving from downtown Boston around 2 on Friday. Let me know if you want a ride!

Seeker, MichaelJ:

I can leave work (Gloucester) at 3 PM; can meet you in Georgetown (Exit 54 on Rt 95; I live 2 miles off the highway) at 3:30 PM or at the Park N' Ride lot in Newburyport (exit 57 on Rt. 95, right off the highway) at 3:45 PM. That would put us at Sugarloaf around 7-7:30 PM. Not sure if that works for you, but if it does, I'd love the company. I don't care who drives, would be happy to bring my Explorer or be a passenger in your vehicle. I also would like to ski full days both Saturday and Sunday.

Seeker, I think it might be faster to head up Rt 95 to get to Sugarloaf than via 93. Check Mapquest.

Bobmak, I was planning to leave a little earlier - 12:30 from the Lexington area. I don't know the area up there and want to arrive while it's still daylight. Is anyone else in the north-and-west of Boston area looking to leave then? I'm happy to provide a ride, and have plenty of room.

can i get details on this also if its not too late to join in? i guess i missed how this all got set up.

Saturday?

I'm heading up from Portland Saturday morning (early) and would be glad to take anyone who needs a ride then.